I think you will agree with me when I say: “No matter how hard I try, why is it so difficult to lose belly fat?”
No you are not imagining things, it’s certainly one stubborn area.
Summer is looming fast and the bikini will soon be making an appearance, you want action and fast.
It’s totally understandable, you want to boost your confidence and feel good about yourself lying on the beach. Let’s face it, who doesn’t? If this all sounds too familiar to you, really you don’t need to worry we’ve all been there at one time or another.
“So will I have to completely overhaul my life to achieve my results?”
Not at all, just by making a few simple lifestyle changes could provide huge differences.
“Can I get a flat stomach just through exercise alone?”
Getting the results you want are best achieved through combining both exercise and a healthy diet. By the time we have finished you will be in the know about:
- The top ways to boost fat loss so you can be beach ready in no time.
- The most effective exercises so you can hit the gym with a plan of shifting those stubborn areas.
- What foods you need to eat and avoid fuelling your stomach the right way.
So you can stop stressing, I’ve done all the ab busting hard work for you and found the proven 8 best ways to lose belly fat fast to help you banish those love handles and say hello to summer:
#1 – Kick the Sugar to lose belly fat fast
I know from experience that sugar is very addictive.
I have a very sweet tooth and I am my own worst enemy when it comes to walking down the candy isle. For me, it’s a constant battle to fend off the sugar cravings especially after a workout.
And it’s not all about cutting the candy. Actually it quite surprising how many foods (or drinks) have added sugar in them.
Foods which you just wouldn’t expect to find it in, like bread, pre-packaged foods and sauces are laden with sugars. But the truth of the matter is sugar or more specifically fructose is linked to an increase of fat especially in the abdominal area1
Try these top sugar swap tips:
- Switch the sugary soda for water (water is also a good metabolism booster too, so this is a win win alternative)
- Don’t go all out and cut sugar completely, make it a gradual thing as your body will crave that natural addiction.
- Still fancy something sweet? Try fruit for a sweet snack, it’s packed full of fiber and nutrients (which I think you will agree has got to be better for you than a donut)
- Add more natural flavors to foods like vanilla, or spices which enhance sweetness without actual sugar.
- A foodie favourite of mine is mixing apple and cinnamon in overnight oats. Cinnamon is great for regulating your blood sugar levels too and curbing those cravings
Too much sugar in your diet is a main culprit of the belly fat build up, cut back and get thinking about those natural alternatives if you want to lose that belly.
#2 – Anyone for Afternoon Tea? It’ll help you lose belly fat overnight….
This is exactly how to lose belly fat overnight. If you were going to have a hot drink what would be your first choice, coffee? Have you ever considered green tea?
Well if you want to kiss goodbye to that muffin top, then you may want to start drinking it. It would be safe to say this drink is jam packed full of powerful antioxidants and is incredibly good for you and comes with the added bonus, it’s a fat burner too. So what’s not to like?
There are even suggestions the fat burning properties of green tea could enhance fat loss through exercise especially in the stubborn abdominal area2
Green tea has proven benefits for the fight against fat and it’s really good for you, so give it a try.
#3 – Hit a “HIIT” Workout
This will help you lose belly fat in 10 days! Cardio workouts or high intensity interval training (HIIT) are excellent ways to shift not only that pooch, but also fat from your whole body.
These fast paced workouts get the blood pumping at a high rate of knots which increases your metabolism and enhances the fat burn3
And as it’s all down to short bursts of activity, it’s perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
Get your heart rate going with some intense activity to boost fat burning.
#4 – Curb the Carbs
Cutting back on your carbohydrate intake is a very quick way to see the results of fat loss. I know are now thinking, surely a low fat diet must be better for banishing the bulge, right? You will be surprised.
Studies have proven that a low carb diet is more effective for fat loss than its low fat counterpart and especially around your midsection 4
Carbs cause you to retain water (usually around the belly area) so if you cut back on these guys you will soon lose all that water weight and will see results.
Here are a few carb curbing pointers for you:
- Forget about foods like potatoes, white rice, breads and pastas
- Think instead about lean meat, fish such as salmon, and leafy green vegetables and don’t forget about eggs, they have got to be the top go-to for every dieter on the planet.
Low carb diets are better than low fat diets. If you curb your carbs you will lose belly fat in 3 days.
#5 – Fuel up on fiber
Fiber is a good way to fill up without the calories, and it hangs around in your stomach longer than other foods so you feel fuller for longer.
Fiber also keeps your blood sugar levels right where they need to be which means your body is less likely to hold onto fat.
This effective fat fighter has actually seen studies that suggest it’s particularly good for the belly too5
Food for thought, fiber style:
- Go for non starchy vegetables like spinach, broccoli or tomato. (Perfect for a tasty salad or stir fry)
- Apples and raspberries would be my top choice for fruity flavors, both are high in fiber and low in carbs.
If you want to trim your waist, high fiber foods are not only effective for fat loss, they won’t leave you hungry for more.
#6 – Pump Some Iron
Now I know our main aim is to slim down and weights just instantly bring thoughts of big and bulky to mind.
Don’t worry, in fact that’s a big myth and throwing some weights into your weekly workout really could be a good thing.
Muscle burns more calories than fat, so if you want to speed up fat loss, this is a great way to preserve that precious powerhouse and get rid of some fat at the same time.And it will continue to burn off calories long after you have finished your work out too. (Happy days)
Pumping iron pointers:
- Squats with hand weights are a good exercise as the bigger the muscle, the more energy you use (and you can’t get any bigger than your glutes)6
- Kettlebell swings are a good way to mix a variety of muscle groups in one exercise.
Packing in the pump will boost your metabolism and get those calories burning, which lead to fat loss.
#7 – And Relax……….
And relax? How does that have to do with losing my belly fat fast?
How is your day? Is it always busy and stressful? Are you constantly running around from one place to the next without giving yourself a breather? You need to stop and chill out a little.
Stress plays a big part in belly fat believe it or not. If you are stressed it can affect your hormones and lead you to make bad food choices, which could lead to weight gain 7.
I know when I’m stressed it’s too easy to raid the fridge to just make me “feel” better, but it doesn’t last for long and then the guilt takes over instead. Not good.
So instead of getting all worked up, you need to take some time out for yourself:
- Get a good night sleep, things always look better when you are well rested
- Exercise is another excellent stress buster, so get moving.
- Laugh it off, it relaxes your whole body and really gives you that feel good factor.
If you want to lose belly fat fast, then don’t stress about it……. just chill and you will see the results.
#8 – Use a quality fat burner to speed up results
Listen. Fat burners are NOT some kind of magic pills that instantly make your belly fat go away overnight.
But here’s the deal:
Not all fat burners were created equal.
Yeah I said it!
There are A LOT of bad products out there that don’t really care about your results and only want you hard earned money.
That made me sad because it ruins the reputation of the few good companies out there that actually create good products.
So, I decided to do some research to locate the good products from the bad products.
What I found out was shocking, I discovered which ingredients and fat burners can actually help you lose the stubborn fat FAST.
I put my results in this neat guide to fat burners
Take a look at it to learn more => Top 3 Fat Burners and How They Work
So now you know how to lose belly fat fast for women and as you only have to think about a few little lifestyle changes. Combining some exercise with being a little more mindful about what you eat. It’s recommended to have a step-by-step plan which shows you what to eat and how to train for fat loss. After that you can add a quality fat burner to the mix.
Sources and References: